HAUTE COUTUREwearable art
Haute Couture: Refers to the creation of exclusive custom-fitted clothing. Haute couture is fashion that is constructed by hand from start to finish, made from high quality, expensive, often unusual fabric and sewn with extreme attention to detail and finished by the most experienced and capable sewers, often using time-consuming, hand-executed techniques.
Haute Couture is an experience.
It is akin to creating wearable art. Our artist-designer Britta von Basedow works with you to visualise and design every last detail as you desire, and together you explore fabrication, colours, styles, the exquisite details and finishing touches. Bringing you the superbly crafted garment from this high quality, hand made and executed in the tradition of this highly skilled and traditional art form from Paris.
A perfect fit for your figure, personality, occasion and preferred style.
Specialising in exquisite and unique gowns and women’s suits.
Britta is an expert in developing patterns that fit your figure perfectly, seeing a design come to fruition, and if desired, can also incorporate the unusual and highly skilled practice of draping.
What to expect
- Individual consultation by appointment with Britta von Basedow at our London Atelier (Hotel visits can be arranged).
- Customised artists drawings and interpretations according to your own ideas, individual style and personality, purpose for the garment, with the expert and creative design influence of Britta
- Choices of the most elegant and luxurious fabrics from Europe’s finest mills
- Choose beads, real SWAROVSKI crystals and exquisitely crafted adornments
- See your collaborative design take shape each time you come for each of three personal and custom fittings
- Know that your garment has been made for you and only you, truly wearable art.
BvB and the world of Haute Couture
Previous successes and shows during Paris Haute Couture Week have been recognised by international press such as Vogue, WWD, Marie Claire France, NY Times by Suzy Menkes, the Telegraph by Hillary Alexander, L’Officiel, WGSN, Book Moda and Collezioni. She has dressed some of Europe’s most prominent families and stars like Alicia Witt, Kiera Chaplin and Violinist Vanessa Mae.